- 1 (20 ounce) package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup melted butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 pint sour cream
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flake cereal
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease one 2 quart casserole dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together the hash brown potatoes, 1/2 cup butter, salt, pepper, onion, cream of chicken soup, sour cream and Cheddar cheese. Transfer the mixture to the casserole dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix the whole wheat flake cereal and remaining butter; sprinkle over potato mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes.