Thursday, June 2, 2011

Sauteed Mushrooms


In my opinion, there is only one thing that can make the perfect steak better- copying Ruth Chris and making sauteed mushrooms to top it off.

Here's what you need besides a steak:
1 package of mushrooms (if you don't buy sliced you'll need to slice them to your liking)
1/2 stick butter
2 large cloves of garlic finely chopped

(that's it!)

You will want to place the butter in a frying pan on medium heat to melt it. Add the garlic once it is all melted and saute the garlic until golden brown.
Add the mushrooms and coat with butter and garlic. It only takes about 3-5 minutes for the pan to start steaming, the mushrooms to looked wet instead of dry, and have steam like this:


That's when you know you are done!

Top the perfectly grilled steak with the mushrooms and serve immediately.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Sauteed mushrooms and onions are two of my favorite foods in the entire world. Thank you for making my afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmmmm! I want you to come and cook at my house. I love cooking, but I'm no great shakes at it! my hubs gets excited when I cook pasta roni. Poor boy.

    -Heather from lifeofapasseri.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete